and the stockings were hung by the chimney with care ...

its great how hobbies, recipes, customs, traditions and the like, get passed on through the generations.  I think I was passed a sweet tooth, and that's about it.  my big sister, Amanda, was taught how to crochet ... that sounds like she was forced into it, but no, she actually wanted to learn, and, she's actually pretty good at it.


I remember watching my grandmother do it while watching tv.  all I remember her making were blankets, so we aaaaaaallllll had blankets.  sadly, very sadly, my childhood blanket she made was destroyed by my first baby, Jackson the coonhound.  but to my surprise, I received a beautiful afghan that was made for me and set aside until I got married.  I've had it for 10 years now.  I don't really use it here in Hawaii, but I won't give it up for anything.  thanks grandma.


my sister made these for me last year at Christmas -



everyone that has seen these hanging in my house, has asked me about them.
aren't they cute?!


here's a close up of one.  the top is, for lack of a better word, furry, and has bells attached.  great for breaking out in song ... Jingle Bells is the only Christmas song my son has memorized, so it works.


here's a real close up.  I don't know the correct terminology for crocheting, but I do know that this stitch is tight and strong.  these stockings hold a lot of goodies!


I trying to talk Amanda into making these throughout the year, then selling them for the next Christmas season.  here's what I need to know from you savvy, handmade/crafting, business women -

  • do you use etsy?  how do you like it?  what does a beginner need to know?  as in, give me the secret insider tricks & tips.
  • how much would you pay for 1 stocking?
  • what other colors would you like to see?
  • any/all tips, advice, references are welcome
since I just got out our stockings for this Christmas, the idea just came to light, so there are none to purchase as of now.  sorry.  I am hoping I can do a give away - Christmas in July maybe?  for you early holiday shoppers that make the rest of us look bad. :)

if you like what you see, pleeeeeeeeease leave me a comment so I can show my sister that her crafting can be fun AND can make her some money.  help me give her some motivation to take the next step.  thank you blogland!!

No comments: