what's your parenting style?

I found this questionnaire in *gasp* Parenting magazine ... I am, for the record, not a big fan of this magazine.  to me its filled with lots paranoia and fear ... wait ... how'd did it even find a home in my mailbox???


anyway -
I found this questionnaire and wanted to share & invite any/all mommies reading to participate.  just because.


  1. describe your parenting style - I tend to be strict about certain things, like responsibility & manners, but for everything else, I do my best to be as flexible as possible.  
  2. last meal you cooked - spaghetti & meatballs
  3. weirdest thing in you purse - 3 hotwheels ... is that weird?
  4. craziest thing you've done while sleep-deprived - I am thankful to be out of that stage. that said, I don't remember!
  5. behavior you hope your kids don't inherit from you - I'm not much of a reader, but I would love for them to discover how great that can be.  does this mean I ought to start reading for myself?
  6. last thing your child did that made you laugh - my boys are funny all the time!  Elliott is especially funny lately since he is learning to talk and getting very expressive.
  7. your favorite baby gear - when they were baby-babies, I was always so thankful for my boppy.  I was so thankful to be able to nurse them both, and that boppy saved my arms!  today my favorite thing is my Bob stroller.
  8. lost object you recently helped your child find - Sam can't seem to keep his shoes together.  how does one shoe always end up on the opposite side of the house?  or often, we find 1 in the house and 1 in the car ....?!&$#@!
  9. the song that best describes your parenting experiences - I do my best to cherish, the good and the bad days alike.  the bond a mother has with her children is close to indescribable.  its like no other.  I LOVE this song; Sade is one of my favorite musical artists ... go listen, The Sweetest Gift, by Sade
  10. kids' tv show you can't stand - Spongebob is way too annoying for me.  Barney is actually ok, its the child actors that ruin the show, so much so, I just can't get over it.  and Cailou is a big whiner ... and why doesn't he have hair?  ever?
  11. first word that pops into your head when I say "mom" - love
leave me a link to your answers in the comments.  remember, there are no wrong answers!


ps. what do you think of Parenting magazine?

No comments: